Saturday, May 1, 2021

taken a wrong turning?


I saw a number of somewhat unusual things on my way back to LA today.  There was a miniature donkey with a hat on in Kingman, who (plus its person) had stopped to talk to some people on the sidewalk outside a coffee stop.  I think it might have been on its way to a Vaccination Event in a park down the street, which had a number of village fête-like stalls as well as cars snaking round a whole lot of cones.  But there again, it might just have been out for a Saturday morning stroll.  Then there was the gas station half way down the Cajon Pass, where I stopped because the traffic was starting to back up, and I needed gas anyway: as soon as I pulled up I saw a man with a prosthetic leg walking across the forecourt.  Nothing strange in that.  But then another car pulled up - and out stepped another prosthetically-legged guy.  That seemed statistically - less likely.  And then, pulling away, the other side of the road was a bkack pick-up truck, with a man doing something to whatever was being carried in the truck bed.  He, too ...

But a Wilts-Dorset Routemaster bus, in Kingman, in a vehicle junk yard?  Why?  It's not as though it's a stylish old red London bus.  Someone went to the trouble and expense of importing this.  But Kingman?  Maybe it's destined to make trips to the Grand Canyon?  It's not as though there's a lot to tour around in Kingman, other than the Corner. 

I so love road trips.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment