Friday, September 27, 2024

Davis NAVSA hub



Davis is an extremely beautiful campus - and, after USC, a very empty one (also: no visible campus security measures 😁 ).  It's indeed very welcoming to all ... though I was very sorry that 95 degree heat meant I didn't much fancy my planned walk to the Arboretum and Botanical Gardens ...



We are all Victorians now, Andrew Way Leong argued in one of my favorite (brief) papers of the day, arguing that those of us who eat fish from the Pacific are ingesting the residue from Victorian mercury deposits.


This was part of a shared plenary panel with Seattle - and you can see Victorianists on the screen disappearing into a mise en abyme - differently mirrored each time ...


I hope I sleep tonight - my hotel seems to be rather too close for comfort - 3 houses up - from Tri Delta's Bid Night ...


... and I am pleased to report that the cat - as pictured yesterday - has a canine companion.  I couldn't make him out in the dark.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment