Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Indigo Girls (and banned books)

 
To the Greek, tonight, to see the Indigo Girls, for the three millionth time (though the last time at the Greek was, rather shockingly, a whole ten years ago, when they appeared with Joan Baez) - with a startlingly large array of guitars and banjos - and a very striking backdrop (as befits one English major and one English and Theology major) of books on shelves.  Banned books, in fact - books that have been banned some place or the other in the US.  Oh, and there were voter registration people out and presumably doing sign-ups ... with a great roar of approval and applause when they were called out by name.  I've always admired the IGs activism, and as ever they didn't disappoint on that front.  Ten years ago, I see that I commented here that it must have been twenty years since I first heard an Indigo Girls song: I guess that makes it thirty, now ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment