Sunday, May 1, 2011

flower


Whatever I had been going to write about - which was more musings about packing and leaving, and how different it feels from packing up in Los Angeles two years ago, when all I could do was to record and store in proleptic nostalgia - has been somewhat swept away by learning that Osama Bin Laden has been killed (with Obama about to speak on TV).   Whereas I'm sure this is what "we" all wanted (and please can we bring a whole lot of troops home now?  but that's probably a false hope ...) it also makes me extremely apprehensive about what Does happen next.   It's not a little chilling to have people - even if in small numbers - already outside the White House chanting USA USA.   So - rather than writing an entry that's like a set of tweets - I'll leave this flower standing curved, almost, in the shape of a questionmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment