Wednesday, August 3, 2022

cats with problems


Well, ok, Gramsci doesn't have any problems here - unless looking like a young fox might be said to be a liability.  But earlier in the day ... he jumped up onto the bed, onto my shoulders, and before I'd had time to utter even a mild squeak of surprise, was on his way to the top of the closet.  Problem - HOW TO GET DOWN?  I'd just gone to fetch some steps, when he misguidedly stepped onto a duvet, which slipped, and he cascaded safely onto the floor.



But Moth, who is a little plumper than we would wish, absolutely shouldn't eat any of this.  So when he's not at his kibble-dish, it goes up into my bookcase until he meows for it.  The verbal prompt is written on the side.  But Moth ... around about 4.15 p.m., Moth was feeling decidedly hungry, and was sitting above it, with a very determined expression on her face.


 

2 comments:

  1. Walter GomezAugust 05, 2022

    I can only imagine how surprising it is to have Gramsci jump from one's shoulder to a high shelf! Moth, you look perfectly ravishing from this side of the screen... but do heed the humans who are prioritizing your health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moth says: "I only look ravishing because this position doesn't show the scar on my ear where you bit me." Hmmmmmm. Gramsci is the ultimate shoulder cat - sometimes I just have to walk around the house wearing him. He mews piteously to for me to bend down so that he can jump up ...

    ReplyDelete