Friday, March 27, 2009

another day, another view


Would you believe - this simulacrum of a slide transparency was actually the view from my window this morning (the Courtyard by Marriott in Charlottesville, in case you can't wait to make a reservation).   To be fair, it was an excellent and comfortable hotel - but this is possibly one of the least prepossessing outlooks of my hotel-staying life (I realize, now, that I should probably have gone up into this multi-story carpark and taken a picture of room 204's window. I get sulky when I have to sleep with curtains drawn, but I wasn't going to argue with my own preferences this time.

Like any shot of a vacant garage, this image carries something ominous with it - a 
half-baked uninhabited  Gregory Crewdson set waiting for some imagination and action.    It's tempting to photoshop in a corpse or flood or rose petals or some vague hint of disaster... 

No comments:

Post a Comment