Monday, May 20, 2019

a (very) good news day!


After the end of a long, long year, Alice had the best possible news today: her mammogram and ultrasound showed that all of her treatments - all that chemo, that surgery, those weeks of blistering radiation - not to mention other infusions and invasions and proddings and pokings - worked!  No cancer was detected.  So we are slowly, slowly exhaling.

This view can now stand as a symbol of an empty consulting room - mission accomplished!  But in fact it's where I was waiting for Alice and the results of her imaging - for what seemed like an unbelievably long time.   And of course the longer it took, the more worried I became ... So I hope that I never, ever have an occasion to post this view again.  As for displacement activity this morning - let me just say that I never thought I'd find myself cleaning (with vinegar) the insides of a vacuum cleaner.  As displacement goes, however - it's very effective.  I just wish I'd though to photograph it before the reassemblage.

1 comment:

  1. Walter GomezMay 26, 2019

    Congratulations Alice! You're our champion!

    ReplyDelete