Wednesday, May 15, 2019

rescuing flowers


Day 3 of House week, and I think that Alice had a better time of it than I: she did absolutely sterling work tidying up the front yard (I just emerged late in the day to help apply plant fertilizer).  Emerged, that is, from my third day in the garage, where I am making significant progress (although one wouldn't necessarily think so, since "progress" involves a good amount of sorting into different boxes - boxes that are still taking up a good deal of floor space).  Today was a glum day, though - most of what I was sorting seemed to be from my 30s and 40s, and I found myself encountering a version of myself that I didn't terrifically like.  Not a whole lot of nostalgia, there.  These geranium flowers came from the window box by our kitchen window: not the result of deliberate picking, but they snapped off as a result of general tending.

No comments:

Post a Comment