Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Bruton


Bruton, Somerset - a very small town, where Hauser and Wirth's English gallery is situated ... and I have long had a desire to see - above all - their gardens.  That's tomorrow.  Here we have the view from our (lovely) hotel window;


the roundabout outside the hotel, at the end of Main Street - and this is just to say, I have had enough of driving around English roundabouts, today.  All the same, I seem able to cope with these traffic phenomena these days whereas they used to phase me utterly when I lived here.  What happened??  Also, my cell phone GPS kept stopping wanting to talk to me at crucial moments.  I have enjoyed having a car - rather than public transport - in many ways, but.


Here is the Bruton Dovecot (built between the 15th and 17th centuries, which seems rather a vague timespan), as seen from the churchyard;


and here the River Brue.  Rural England!  It's so green, of course, because it rains such a lot ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment