Saturday, May 7, 2022

evening alley


Highland Park, Los Angeles (as opposed to Highland Park, NJ, where we used to live, once upon a time) - but really it could be Any Alley, USA.  One of the games that I sometimes play with myself id How Do I Know Where I Am?  (in the sense of - suppose I'd just been teleported here, how would I know that we're in x?).  It's very often something to do with the shape of the telegraph poles and wires, I think, and of the street lighting - maybe in this case with the fact that the light is actually attached to the telegraph pole, not, free standing.  And here, it probably has something to do with the brickwork, too.  There's nothing (to my mind) that gives away the fact that this is LA, though - not a palm tree in sight.  But of course, since it is LA, this could probably also work as a set on which to shoot anything, anywhere, set in the US ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment